2010年8月11日水曜日

MIki's Birthday 3!!

These are from Nick.




"gorillapod"


It's a flexible tripod for a digital camera that you can bend and twist in any direction and fit anywhere.

So now I can use my camera on trees, on traffic lights, on car mirrors.........

Wow, I can't pictiure myself doing that........


But certainly, it must be good for taking photos at night!

Maybe I can take better pics of the moon from now on..........



Kids plate set from "La chaise longue".

I wanted to have that for a long time!!

I'll have wonderful meals with this!!!

A book.
I could tell that it was a book from the Junku book store ribbon sticker.

But the wrapping paper surprised me, because I'd never seen this one before!!

How come??!

When I ask for wrapping at Junku, they let me choose from paper with 3 different prints,

but always always the same 3!!



For years!!!

Even when I got a book for Nick's birthday just a 2weeks ago, they showed me the same 3, and I was about to ask for something else, because I felt "Not Again!!".
Of course I didn't say anything.......

So I was shocked to see this new paper, and had to look at it for a quite long time before I opened it...
Then it was Soji Shimada's new book, "Syaraku"!!
Wow!
I normally can't afford the hardback and wait a year till it comes out in pokect size.
So this is a complete luxury for me!!



And Nick's hand made card.



Brilliant!!!!!!!


I liked it very much!!!!!!!!!

This is the present from myself.

Even I knew what was inside, it still felt exciting to open it!!

And it was "The portable Edgar Allan Poe".

This is a great book , full of his novels, poems, and lots of letters from him to his friend.

Of course, "Black Cat" is included, and so is "The Fall of the House of Usher".

I wanted to have this for a long time, but as it's the e-book era now, I was kind of hesitating.
But I made the excuse that it was my birthday, and now I am happy!!


I can't help loving paper books.



A big package from my sister and Mum.
Funny picture - it looks like a bin bag full of old paper!!

And lots of nice stuff from the bin!!
Yamanashi wine , handmade card, Napoleon cognac, and a beautiful photo book from my sister!

The wine wrapping was very interesting as it was a print of the samurai lord of Ymanashi, Takeda Shingen.

Maki's wrapping was very beautiful, pink and red. Nice!




From Yumi.
When I opend a big paper bag.........
"???"
It was full of calcium bars and energy drinks!!
I laughed so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, the thing is I broke my ribs.
She heard that from Rica and thought Miki needs calcium and energy,
So here we go.
It's sooooooooooooooo Yumi.

This one is from Tomoko!
Very autumn-like scarf by Patricia cox.
I'm sure that I'll use it a lot this autumn!!



Cute-faced pig key ring from tomoko.
More pigs in my room!!


Each pig has brought me good luck till now, so I'm sure something very nice will happen to me this year too.






T-shirt from tomoko.

It's not my style and I know that I would never buy this by myself, so I'm glad to get it.

It says, "I'm feeling wonderful, I'm waiting for my date".

Cuuuuuuuuuute!!







Card from Tomoko.





From Noriko.
She went to Guam with her family for 6 days. How nice!



And she got me a present from there, nuts chocolate, flower-scented hand cream, and coconut lip-cream . Very tropical!



Rica got me a pair of shoes!!
I've seen these in shops and wondered how it would feel to put my feet in them.
Now I know!





Can you tell what it is??





Dadaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

It is a incense stand from "Seika do"!!!!!!!!!


When I saw this first time a couple years ago, I was amazed how beautiful it was, and how it shows everything that Kyoto is about in such a small work.

Like a pond in the garden for all seasons.











And this is another present from me, Soji Shimada's book that I badly wanted for a long time, "Ryugatei".
I don't want to read it yet, I should wait..



I waited all these years......

But it is in my hand now, and I don't know how much more patience I can have.......


Anyway, everything was so nice!
Thank you so so much!!!!!!!!!!!



0 件のコメント: