2007年6月10日日曜日

映画『ショコラ』 :Chocolat



The movie "Chocolat" was on TV.

I didn't like it much the first time, but quite enjoyed it today.

In those days, villages must have been like that, I guess.

Very religious, inward-looking, and easily manipulated by the church.

Church church church! Church was everything!!

Going to church was the center of everyday life.

The preist admonished and the people were afraid not to obey.

Even Christmas and Easter were sermon days - definitely no festivities!

Sooo ascetic!!

Chocolate of course was huge temptation, and not to be allowed.

Sooo dark!!!




Anyway, all the chocolates looked amazing.

So many kinds, truffles, moist choccy cakes and creamy thick hot chocolate, wow wow wow!

I wish I could try the spicy ones!

I wish there was a shop like that in my town!


Why didn't I like the movie the first time?

I think, I felt that Juliet Binoche plus Johnny Depp was too much.

Overwhelming, perhaps?

The combination was too weird. Don't you think?

Second time around, I'm used to it, I guess.

But but but!!

Still!!

Would a super-hot guy like Johnny Depp turn up on the riverbank just like that?!!

No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




By the way, "moist" is Drew Barrymore's turn-off word.
She said, "It's sooo not sexy....... yuck!!"
I know what she means, but for chocolate cake it's OK, isn't it?!

0 件のコメント: